Skip to Secondary Navigation Skip to Main Content

Current Beehive


Housing for People with Disabilities in Independence

Where can you get information on housing for people with disabilities?

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides information on the different housing options available for people with disabilities.

How can you find subsidized housing for people with disabilities?

There is an online search tool to help you find subsidized apartment buildings near you in Missouri. To get a list of buildings, just choose:
  1. The city, county, or zip code you want to live in
  2. The apartment type: DISABLED (for people with disabilities), or HEALTHCARE (for assisted-living facilities)
  3. The number of bedrooms
Click “Next” and a list of available buildings that fit your description will come up.

How do you apply for subsidized housing?

You will need to visit the management office for the apartment building that you are interested in. If you need help, contact:
Housing Authority of Independence
210 South Pleasant Street
Independence, MO 64050
Phone: (816) 836-9200 Extention 301

Kansas City Regional HUD Office
400 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66101
Phone: (913) 551-5644
No votes yet
Your rating: None